I think for us to actually observe what is going on around us, we need to shut our mouths. Many people I know can't seem to be able to shut their traps! I'm not trying to be rude, because i have the same problem. i think that if we were to go up into the mountains, totally isolated, and we observe whats around us or meditated, we could all become more observant. The more time we spend alone, the more time we have to think and observe our surroundings. if we spend that time, we can come up with our own philosophies. The thing is, the more silent we become, the more we get to know ourselves and our thoughts. The more we see our thoughts and understand them, the more we come to actually see what we see.
1 comment:
That's an interesting thought, Cameron. I mean, I've always thought that quiet time was important. It lets us reflect on our actions and words. But to get to know ourselves, we need to be out and about trying and doing things, just to figure out what we like to do, how we do it, and then we go home and reflect on everything. : )
Post a Comment